Piedmontese Quality Wine, Food and Design at the Conquer New York
Staff Writer – April 17, 2008
On April 16, and 17, 2008, the 'American Dream' became a reality for 13 Piedmontese wine and food estates.
In fact, the Italian association Confartigianato Imprese Torino organized an ideal journey among the most typical and refined products from the Piedmont region in New York. Two internationally known chefs, Alfredo Russo and Pier Bussetti, introduced the perfumes and innovative flavors of wines, vinegars, rice, coffee, bread sticks, pasta, sauces, liquors, pastry and chocolate, of this regional cuisine. This event also offered the opportunity to showcase the design projects realized by the students of Turin's Istituto d'Arte Applicata e Design (IAAD, or Institute of Applied Art and Design).
In collaboration with the Istituto d'Arte Applicata e Design, New York's Italian-American Chamber of Commerce, M&T Italia, and the financial contribution of the regional administration, the municipality and the chamber of commerce of Turin, Confartigianato Imprese Torino brought a high level of cultural and gastronomic event to New York.
On April 16, an exclusive cocktail dinner took place on well known 23rd Street's Ristorante Cipriani. The event proposed 12 tastings, seven salty and five sweet, created by the the two famous Piedmont chefs, Pier Bussetti, of the Locanda Mongreno restaurant in Turin, and Alfredo Russo, of Dolcestilnovo, in Ciriè, using the products by the estates which participated in the project exclusively.
In addition, since this year Turin was the first city in the world to be nominated 'Word Design Capital', the event presented the opportunity for a creative pairing of food and design. The bachelor IAAD students of 'Interior & Furniture Design', worked on specific projects, conceiving and creating a series of objects dedicated to finger food, which were paired with the chef's preparation.
The Piedmontese companies which assisted the students in realizing the innovative design objects, producing 200 pieces of each, are:
- ABC Farmaceutici
Canton Moretti, 29 – Località San Bernardo, Ivrea (TO)
- CO.MO.R. snc – Costruzione Modelli e Resine
Stradale Saluzzo, 18 – Carignano (TO)
- XYZeta S.r.l. – Illuminazione e architettura d'interni
Via Molini, 35 – Rivoli (TO)
- ROSA Maria Teresa s.n.c. – Ceramiche (Eccellenza artigiana)
Via Romana, 38/2 – Castellamonte (TO)
- Serra Plastica s.n.c. – Lavorazione materie plastiche
- Strada Piossasco, 70/7 – Orbassano (TO)
- Vibel s.n.c. – Lavorazione metalli comuni (Eccellenza artigiana)
Via Calatafimi, 34 – Nichelino (TO)
On April 17, US entrepreneurs and experts of the wine and food sector were invited to a workshop at the Italian-American chamber of commerce of New York, to discuss and evaluate possible commercial synergies between the US market and the production of the participating firms.
The Confartigianato internationalization project started in 2007, and since then, has identified 13 excellent Piedmont producers, who represented the region on the east coast of the United States.
- Antica Dispensa Bricco Bastia – Monforte d'Alba (CN)
- Azienda Agricola Sacchetto Fiorella "Bric Cenciurio" – Barolo (CN)
- Azienda Agricola La Gironda – Nizza Monferrato (AT)
- Caffè Alberto – Caselle Torinese (TO)
- Musso Domenico – Gallo Grinzane Cavour (CN)
- Michelis Egidio – Mondovì (CN)
- Brencio – Crevoladossola (VB)
- T.P.S. Ramo d'Oro – Castelnuovo Don Bosco (AT)
- Panetteria Demartini Mauro – Forno Canavese (TO)
- Confetteria Barbero – Cherasco (CN)
- Pasticceria Grandazzi – Domodossola (VB)
- Cascina Belvedere – Bianzè (VC)
- Vayes – Avigliana (TO)
The companies were selected according to simple, basic criteria: links to the Piedmont region and quality of the products to export.
About Us • Advanced Search • Login
Submit a Company • Contact Us • Site Map