Monte-Carlo Wine Festival:
International Wine Tasting – Wine, Culture and Life
Staff Writer – January 31, 2008
On February 23, 24, and 25, 2008, at the prestigious Hotel Méridien Beach Plaza of Monte-Carlo, in the elegant environment of the Principality of Monaco, the first Monte-Carlo Wine Festival takes place.
Hotel Méridien Beach Plaza, Monte-Carlo, Principality of Monaco
The Monte-Carlo Wine Festival is an upscale wine tasting event, created for some of the best European vitivinicultural productions, with guided tastings, workshops and wine market analyses.
Many European personalities have confirmed their presence to this new, important enological event. Among the various VIPs from the political and entertainment world who will be present, are:
- Italian Senator for Life, Giulio Andreotti,
- Secretary of State of the Principality of Monaco, S.E.M. René Novella,
- Archbishop of the Principality, S.E.M Barsi,
- Ms. Casiraghi, of the royal family,
- Konstantin Bereza and Korkunof Andrew, board members of the Moscow chamber of commerce,
- President of the Tuscan region,
- Italian theater and movie actor, Remo Girone, famous for the film 'La Piovra',
- Well known Italian TV journalist, Michele Cocuzza,
- TV host Simona Tagli,
- TV journalist, Mariana Como,
- Lady Bacardi,
- Playwright Avavna Gana
The festival offers an upscale location and serious business opportunities to producers, international distributors, and all professionals dealing with the wine world. It is also a golden opportunity for educated wine lovers, who will get the chance to taste exceptional wines, to develop a network of new wine contacts, while getting the up-to-date news and trends of this important sector.
The MCWF mission is to emphasize vitiviniculture and gastronomy as a whole, while showcasing the participating producers, so that their technical know-how and their products take center stage for three days. To this end, in addition to qualified local and international buyers and distributors, the organizers have invited hotel and restaurant professionals, enological associations, professional sommeliers and, of course, the local and international press.
In addition to tasting, the first MCWF agenda includes various eno-cultural activities. The goal is to highlight the links between enology and culture, emphasizing how wine is a typical fruit of the 'Evolving Art of the Earth', and at the same time take a look at the state of the industry and what the future may bring to the wine world.
Among the many MCWF side activities there are:
- SCATTIDIVINI Photo Exhibition
Landscapes and visual vitivinicultural stories to highlight the vitivinicultural activity, wine, and the man and women who produce it.
- Scripta Manent - Wine and Food Library of the Principality of Monaco.
Exhibition of antique and rare wine and food books from the collection of Liana and Mauro Marabini.
- The MCWF through the Eyes of Art
DVD realized by artist Renato Missaglia, featuring the places and labels of the producers participating in the festival.
- "Mediterranean Gastronomy and Wine Pairing"
Round Table with the participation of Michele Florentino, MCWF President, and H. E. René Novella, Secretary of State of the Principality of Monaco.
- "Wine in History"
Moderated by Professor, Leonardo Saviano, of the Naples University and General Secretary of the Ordine Costantiniano (Order of Constantine).
- "Sommelier: One Profession, One Lifestyle, One Passion"
Moderated by Jean-Pierre Rous, Maître sommelier, head of Convivium - Slow Food Southeast France-Monaco
- "Notes Among the Vines" - Music-therapy techniques in viticulture.
Conference by Dr. Carlo Cignozzi, of Azienda Agricola Paradiso di Frassino.
List of Exhibitors
The more than 60 estates which are listed below signed up to participate in the first Monte-Carlo Wine Festival.
- Château Lamargue, Saint Gilles
- Château Pas du Cerf, La Londe-les-Maures
- Domaine Baumann, Riquewihr
- Domaine d'Escary, Montarnaud
- Domaine Joseph Mellot, Sancerre
- Liquids Urban Spirits, Paris
- Syndicat viticole de Gevrey-Chambertin
- Azienda Agricola il Paradiso Di Frassina, Montalcino
- Azienda Agricola Humar, S.Floriano del Collio
- Azienda Agricola Repossi Fausto, Oliva Gessi
- Azienda Agricola La Montina, Monticelli Brusati
- Azienda Agricola La Carletta di Sante Massini, Scansano
- Azienda Agricola Punta Crena, Varigotti
- Associazione L’Insieme O.N.L.U.S., Piemonte
- Azienda Agricola Gianfranco Alessandria
- Azienda Agricola Elio Altare viticulture-Az. Agricola Cascina Nuova
- Azienda Agricola Giovanni Corino di Giuliano Corino
- Azienda Agricola Silvio Grasso di Grasso Alessio Federico
- Azienda Agricola Agrituristica Revello F.lli
- Azienda Agricola Mauro Veglio
- Azienda Agricola La Morandina
- Azienda Agricola Ca’Viola di Caviola Giuseppe & C.
- Camera di Commercio di Napoli, Napoli
- Casa Vinicola Gioacchino Garofoli, Loreto
- Campari International, Milano,
- Teruzzi e Puthod, San Gimignano
- Cantine Sella e Mosca, Alghero
- Cantine Salatin, Cordignano
- Cantine Salmaso, Montegrotto Terme
- Consorzio Franciacorta, Erbusco
- Distribuzione la Fucina di Leonardo, Bologna
- Distillerie Bonollo, Padova
- Distilleria di Portofino, Portofino
- Esseti srl, Sanremo
- Fattorie Azzolino, Camporeale
- Franco Furlan, S.Giorgio Della Richinvelda
- Gruppo Borile, Abano Terme
- Interfood, SRL, Reggio Emilia
- Monte Delle Vigne, Ozzano Taro
- Ordine Dei Cavalieri Del Tartufo E Dei Vini Di Alba, Grinzane Cavour
- Cantina Barale Flli., Barolo
- Azienda Agricola Caudrina, Castiglione Tinella
- Azienda Agricola Rivetto, Sinio
- Cantina Bera, Neviglie
- Paolo e Noemia d’Amico, Roma
- Podere Poggio Al Toro, Scansano
- Provincia Regionale di Ragusa, Ragusa
- Regione Toscana, Firenze
- Societa Agricola Icario, Montepulciano
- Tenuta Di Costanzo, Pastorano
- Tenuta Tamburnin, Castelnuovo Don Bosco
- Vinosia Srl, San Potito Ultra
- Czech Republic
- Bisenc Vinarstvi Petr Kunc, Moravia
- Comenius, Praga
- Vinarstvi Cebav, Moravia
- Vinarstvi Hruska, Moravia
- Vinarstvi Tomas Krist, Moravia
- Monte Carlo Wine, Monte-Carlo
- Other Exhibitors (non wine producer)
For more information, please contact Muriel Dalmais
Promotion and Communication Office
About Us • Advanced Search • Login
Submit a Company • Contact Us • Site Map